Wesfarmers Arts Young Artist Program
West Australian Opera are looking for Singers, Pianists and Conductors to apply and audition for the Wesfarmers Arts Young Artist Program.
Auditions will be held on 15, 17, 19 July 2019 – on stage at His Majesty’s Theatre.
West Australian Opera’s Wesfarmers Arts Young Artist Program (YAP) for 2020 is designed as a mentoring experience that will offer the following benefits:
- Mentoring from Music Director (Chris van Tuinen) and YAP Patron (Emma Matthews)
- Regular coaching from the Music Director and YAP Patron
- Opportunity to participate in the Chorus for all relevant productions held during the year
- Opportunity to audition for small roles in productions
- Study covers of appropriate large principal roles
- Workshops and coaching with visiting singers, directors, conductors
- Masterclasses with experienced practitioners
- Performance opportunities at associated events
- Performance opportunities at Education and Community Workshops
- Training and observation as available and appropriate (eg Language classes, Movement classes; Theatrical make-up tuition; Stage combat classes
- Stagecraft tuition, including collaboration with the directing students from WAAPA who will stage particular arias, sections of operas, with the YAPs
Your commitment to the program will be a regular coaching and workshop time to be arranged each week. This requires you to commit to additional casual hours to enable you to participate in regular work with the West Australian Opera Chorus, corporate events, education workshops and, if applicable, minor principal roles in appropriate operas.
For paid performance opportunities you will receive:
- Payment as per the Performers Certified Agreement (professional award) rates for chorus engagement
- PCA Award rates for Education/Community Workshops, corporate events
- Fees are negotiated for small principal roles where applicable
WAO awards annual Bendat scholarships which provide up to $5000 (five thousand dollars) for professional development. YAP Program participants are eligible for consideration for these scholarships.
To book your audition please register below or email Holly Langford-Smith firstname.lastname@example.org