About this event
City of Perth Opera in the Park
30th Anniversary Gala Concert
A free event supported by Lotterywest
Thrilling singing, romantic melodies, and dramatic ensembles will warm the soul as your heart stirs in the balmy night.
West Australian Opera returns to Supreme Court Garden in a celebration of live performance and reconnection with the community. This event is free however tickets are essential under State Government Phase 4 restrictions surrounding the COVID19 pandemic.
To enable as many people to attend in 2021, City of Perth Opera in the Park has been extended to two performance evenings.
This event will also be LIVESTREAMED in real time so you can join us online! Register HERE to receive the link direct to your inbox
A Gala Concert Event
For 30 years West Australian Opera has presented Opera in the Park, igniting emotions and sharing the splendour of live performance with thousands of Western Australians.
In a spectacle of Western Australian talent for everyone to enjoy, West Australian Opera is rolling out the stars for this special Opera in the Park 30th Anniversary Gala Concert
This iconic event in the centre of the city will be held over two nights in the Supreme Court Gardens. It is free but tickets are essential.
Western Australian companies join forces for this special event weekend featuring West Australian Opera principal artists, the West Australian Opera Chorus with the full might of the West Australian Symphony Orchestra and forms part of the 2021 Perth Festival.
This is a FREE event, but you must register for a ticket. Only patrons with valid tickets will be permitted entry.
This event is being held in compliance with the WA State Government COVID19 Roadmap.
There is a strict audience capacity limit at this event that cannot be exceeded.
All audience members must provide details for contract tracing purposes in line with COVID19 event safe plans. This information will be gathered when you register to attend.
You can register online:
West Australian Opera website https://tickets.waopera.asn.au/overview/operainthepark
Perth Festival website https://www.perthfestival.com.au/
You can register in person:
Perth Theatre Trust Box Offices located at His Majesty’s Theatre, Subiaco Arts Centre, State Theatre Centre
You can register by phone:
Perth Theatre Trust Call Centre 08 6212 9292
If you have selected to receive an e-ticket, you do not need to print your ticket but you do need to bring a device (such as your mobile phone) with you e-ticket on it so we can scan you in.
If you have chosen to receive a printed ticket or to print your ticket, please bring this ticket with you and ensure your barcode is visible.
All tickets will be scanned on entry.
To comply with COVID Safe Plans there is a ’No ticket, no entry’ policy.
Seating will be provided if you select the "Chaired Seating Blocks"
Seating will not be provided if you select the "Blanket Area Blocks"
VIEW THE SEAT MAP
This event will be operating under Phase 4 COVID19 safety restrictions.
This includes social distancing measures which require specific seating plans to keep audiences safe.
• Your tickets will state which block you have been allocated to sit in.
• You will need to stay seated in this area for the duration of the performance
• Please do not move to another section.
• You can leave your seats to buy food or visit the bathroom or during interval
• Within your allocated block, the seating is General Admission, meaning you can sit in any chair in this designated block.
• Blocks will be demarcated with signage and front of house staff can assist you find your area.
We can confirm both performances of City of Perth Opera in the Park will be livestreamed in real time.
Register to receive the livestream link to your inbox as well as the program so you can follow along at home.
What COVID measures are in place?
Please ensure that you comply with ‘standard safety measures’ including maintaining your own social distancing, using hand santiser and staying home if you are unwell.
• The completion of a COVID19 safety plan
• Seats will be allocated in specific seating blocks, with seats within the block socially distanced from one another
• Blocks will only accommodate a social distant number of patrons
• Trained Front of House staff who have completed COVID19 infection training
• A dedicated COVID19 Safe Marshal who will manage congestion, oversee presentation staff and liaise with St Johns and SES on any patrons who are unwell
• Security and SES onsite
• Hand sanitiser at entry, exits and bathrooms
• Increased cleaning and disinfecting in public areas before and after performances
• Distanced markers for queuing
• Please do not attend this event if you are unwell.
• Please contact [email protected] to cancel your registration if you cannot attend