An immersive music event that will transport you through the prophet Elijah's magnificent story of faith, doubt and miracles.
This season is subject to COVID-19 restrictions. To book as part of an opera package (2 or more operas) click here
ABOUT THE SHOW
Prepare to be moved by enchanting voices and powerful melody in a season that harnesses the next generation of Western Australian talent. Winthrop Hall will resonate with the wonderful sounds of over 150 student performers in collaboration with West Australian Opera principal artists singing from the stage, galleries and central floor in this immersive music event.
Mendelssohn’s heroic work Elijah is an opera in disguise, an Old Testament story that has been performed countless times as a sacred oratorio. Come on the journey through the prophet Elijah’s magnificent story of faith, doubt and miracles.
West Australian Opera is proud to collaborate with the UWA Conservatorium of Music to bring this spectacular gem to life with performances from UWA Symphony Orchestra and UWA Symphonic Chorus.
The audience will be seated in the round and places are limited so please book early for this gem!
SUNG IN ENGLISH
ELIJAH is presented in association with The University of Western Australia Conservatorium of Music.
Conductor Christopher van Tuinen
Soprano Lisa Harper-Brown
UWA Symphonic Chorus
Our 2021 season is planned to be delivered in either Phase 4 or Phase 5 of Western Australian Government restrictions, which require a significant revision of seating plans to keep audiences safe.
- We are planning to present events where physical distancing may be required
- We expect demand for tickets will be high and we encourage you to book as soon as you can to access seats in your preferred area
- We will endeavour to present these events however, we will be operating as per COVID restrictions and conditions may change rapidly
For more information please contact ticketsWA on (08) 6488 2440
View the seating map
The University of Western Australia and West Australian Opera have COVID-19 Safety Policies in place to maintain your safety at the theatre. These efforts include:
- The completion of a COVID safety plan.
- Hand sanitiser stations readily available.
- Ongoing frequent deep cleaning regimes across all areas of the venue.
- COVID safety trained staff in all areas.
- Use of the WA Government's SafeWA digital contact register system. For more information please click HERE.
A digital programme for Elijah will be available to view for free on the WAO website in advance, so if you’d like to read it before the performance, you’ll be able to do so.
We are taking every measure possible to ensure audience safety, so printed programmes will not be available at the performances.
Event and ticketing details
Dates & Times
|DURATION||2hr 20min including one interval|
|14 May, 2021||Friday - 7.30pm|
|15 May, 2021||Saturday - 7.30pm|
|16 May, 2021||Sunday - 7.30pm|
The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, CrawleyGet directions