The Barber of Seville
A sweet comedy filled with humour and hilarity, love and trickery, performed by an extraordinary cast of Australia's best singers.
This season is subject to COVID-19 restrictions. To book as part of an opera package (2 or more operas) click here
ABOUT THE SHOW
A matchmaking barber with more skills than just cutting hair and pulling teeth. A lovelorn Count, in disguise, pursuing love while a lecherous guardian pursues money. All focused on the lovely Rosina, a woman of unique intelligence, charm, and wit.
Be immersed in this sweet comedy, filled with humour and hilarity, love and trickery, performed by an extraordinary cast of Australia’s best singers. This opera sets the first of the plays by French author Beaumarchais, the sequel to which we see with Mozart’s The Marriage of Figaro.
Rossini’s comic masterpiece is brought to vibrant life in Lindy Hume’s energy-filled, colourful production that will delight all the senses. New to Perth audiences, this production comes to you from Seattle Opera, New Zealand Opera and Opera Queensland.
SUNG IN ITALIAN WITH ENGLISH SURTITLES
THE BARBER OF SEVILLE is a co-production between Seattle Opera, New Zealand Opera and Opera Queensland. This production first premiered on 9 July 2016 in Brisbane, Australia.
Conductor Burhan Guner
Rosina Brigitte Heuser
Crew & King Café | Restaurant | Bar is open at the iconic His Majesty’s Theatre and serving the best produce Western Australia has to offer.
Book via The Fork or call (08) 9265 0937
Our 2021 season is planned to be delivered in either Phase 4 or Phase 5 of Western Australian Government restrictions, which require a significant revision of seating plans to keep audiences safe.
- We are planning to present events where physical distancing may be required
- We are unable to guarantee your preferred seats in 2021 due to distancing measures
- We expect demand for tickets will be high and we encourage you to book as soon as you can to access seats in your preferred area of the theatre
- We will endeavour to present this event however, we will be operating as per COVID restrictions and conditions may change rapidly
For more information please contact Box Office on (08) 6212 9292
His Majesty’s Theatre and West Australian Opera have COVID-19 Safety Policies in place to maintain your safety at the theatre. These efforts include:
- The completion of a COVID safety plan.
- Hand sanitiser stations readily available.
- Ongoing frequent deep cleaning regimes across all areas of the venue.
- COVID safety trained staff in all areas.
- Use of the WA Government's SafeWA digital contact register system. For more information please click HERE.
A digital programme for The Barber of Seville will be available to view for free on the WAO website in advance, so if you’d like to read it before the performance, you’ll be able to do so.
We are taking every measure possible to ensure audience safety, so printed programmes will not be available at the performances.
Event and ticketing details
Dates & Times
|DURATION||2hr 25 min including one interval|
|17 April, 2021||Saturday - 7.30pm|
|20 April, 2021||Tuesday - 7.30pm|
|22 April, 2021||Thursday - 7.30pm|
|24 April, 2021||Saturday - 7.30pm|
His Majesty's Theatre
825 Hay StreetGet directions