Audition Notice x Singers and Dancers: Wundig wer Wilura
WUNDIG WER WILURA (GINA WILLIAMS and GUY GHOUSE)
A Wesfarmers Arts Commission
Wundig wer Wilura is a new musical work written by Gina Williams and Guy Ghouse to be performed at His Majesty’s Theatre in February 2024. It will be sung in Noongar language and accompanied by a full orchestra with a First Nations cast of 22 singers and dancers.
If you are passionate about Noongar language and culture and love to sing we want you to apply to audition.
AUDITION DATE AND VENUE
Auditions will be held at West Australian Opera, Level 3, His Majesty’s Theatre (corner King and Hay Street, Perth) on Wednesday, May 31 from 2pm to 8pm.
WHAT TO PREPARE?
- Song of your choice
- Song of your choice in Noongar*
*You are welcome to learn Wanjoo written by Gina Williams; view and learn HERE.
ADDITIONAL AUDITION INFORMATION
- Must be 18+
- Wundig wer Wilura will be sung in Noongar language
- Seeking ALL voice types in a range of styles
- Seeking DANCERS
- Artists will be paid in accordance with LPA guidelines
- You must be available for rehearsals commencing 8 January 2024
- Performances to take place in February 2024
- In the audition you may be asked to learn or improvise some basic dance choreography
- Please provide a recent headshot with your audition registration form
Please email any questions to West Australian Opera, Education Manager, Terasa Letizia: [email protected]